Your favorite lens, or the lens you use most, defines your style.
My favorite lens has always been the 50mmf/1.2. I never thought much about why I liked it until now. It was just the lens I most often naturally gravitated toward using.
A few reasons why I like the 50mmf/1.2:
- It picks up most accurately what I see with my natural eyes.
- It allows me to be closer to my subjects.
- It’s not too bulky.
- It is a prime lens so it forces me to physically get up, move, and get creative.
- The AF (auto focus) is fast.
- Low aperture allows for low light photos without flash
- Photos taken with the 50mmf/1.2 look most organic and natural to me.