I was talking to a girlfriend yesterday about people who inspire me, and suddenly it dawned on me – Why don’t I reach out to these people?!
I love “Aha” moments.
I made a list of 10 entrepreneurs/visionaries/everyday people (we’re all everyday people, yeah?) who inspire me a great deal. My goal is to:
BY THE END OF AUGUST, REACH OUT TO EVERY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE, MEET UP WITH THEM, GIVE THEM A HUG, AND SAY THANK YOU FOR INSPIRING ME TO THEIR FACE!!!
I understand that it can sound mildly creepy to be so forward about meeting people, some who I don’t know at all, but I promise I’m not a stalker. Haha. Only a person with gratitude, goals, and visions.
In no particular order (minus putting my parents first), these people are:
1. My mom and dad – This is a no brainer. They came to this country not speaking English, worked their asses off, and built a very successful biotech company.
2. Tim Ferriss – Author of The 4-Hour Workweek. He probably has the biggest brain on this planet.
3. Johnny Earle – Quirky owner of Johnny Cupcakes clothing brand. He’s the modern day Willy Wonka.
4. Michelle Phan – Created a wildly successful business by doing something simple – teaching girls how to do make-up via YouTube.
5. Kyle Cease – A hilarious guy with a positive message. Lots of them, actually. www.kylecease.com
6. Eckhart Tolle – The man, the legend. www.eckharttolle.com
7. James Altucher – I seriously can’t get enough of his blog posts.
8. Joe Buissink – After decades of photographing weddings, this guy has not lost an ounce of enthusiasm. www.joebuissink.com
9. Joseph Gordon-Levitt – Founder of HitRECord, a true visionary bringing artists together!
10. Kevin & Leslie Alejandro – The most amazing couple! Whenever I think of LOVE, I think of them.
That’s it. There is more I’d like to say about each of these people but I’ll keep it short for now.
I know how to get in contact with some of these individuals (like mom and dad), but for others it will be a lot more challenging. I’m not even sure where some of these people are located at the moment but I WILL do everything I can to make this work! I will also keep everyone updated on my progress.
Hmm. Wish me luck!