When wedding season kicks into full gear I don’t have time to blog as often but I try my best to stay balanced with all aspects of my life.
This last week I’ve been doing a lot of photo editing and taking care of last minute things before heading off to the Cook Islands, TONIGHT! I’ve also been celebrating a special time in my life (my berfday) with friends.
Sometimes it’s hard to believe all the goodness that comes to you. For the first time in my life, I didn’t have a wish when I blew out the candles because everything is perfect, as it ALWAYS has been and will be.
It sounds so corny but it really is about the little things. Some stuff I am grateful for in the past week (I’m kind of in a hurry but I’ll include as many pics as I can!):
-My couch from Crate & Barrel arrived. I have been sitting on a bean bag for the last few months and the new couch could not be more perfect. I love it.
-Edited an AMAZING wedding by a couple that inspires me so much. Thank you Teri and Tony. I will elaborate more on this when I do a post about their wedding! Here is a sneak peek.
-I Skyped with my dog. She’s up north in SF. My mom and sis are watching her while I’m traveling.
-Played “dance class” at a dinner party with new friends in which we taught and performed different dance styles. Alex and I did a modern dance to Adele.
- A package arrived from my sis and the card said that I MUST Skype with her when opening the presents because she wanted to see my reaction. One of the gifts below. Only she would know to get me this. It’s up in my office now, and I smile whenever I look at it.
- My mama called me.
- My pops did not, and to this day is not sure which day my birthday is on. I AM NOT JOKING! He doesn’t know when anyone’s birthday is. I love that about him and I get it. He is one of the most unique individuals on this planet and I feel so LUCKY to have a bond with him that can’t be described. He doesn’t have to do one thing for me to know that he loves me. Oh pops! Love my pops!
- One of my besties, Jay, sent me an e-card that made me laugh out loud.
- Carla (with the help of Ivy) made the most awesome, GIANT, peanutbutter chocolate cake on this planet. It was simply AMAZING, down to the peanut butter brand she used in the recipe (Earth Balance from Whole Foods), which Ivy told her is my favorite. I love this pic of them.
- My bestie Jess went up to SF to spend time with her mom and sis for Mother’s Day but caught a flight back to stop by my place before my birthday was over. And she was sick! This is my fav pic of her. Yes, she glows.
There is so much more but listing everything I could think of would take a long time, and I need to double check my bags to make sure I packed everything.
I will be doing some work while abroad so I will have internet connection. Maybe I can get at travel post or two in.
Can’t wait to meet Kyle at the airport! He’s flying to LAX and I am meeting him at the departure gate. I feel like I’m in a movie!